noah and isetta

noah and isetta

Monday, July 20, 2015

The find of 2015!.... 1956 Isetta cabrio and 1956 Isetta Z-mold

Here are the pictures of the 2 cars as found spring 2015 in Perry County Ohio tucked under a overhang of a barn.
The farm they were found on was going to be auctioned off and the buyer was let on to the land before hand and was able to make a deal with the owners before they went to auction. Paying a whole $1800 for the both of them!    Imagine seeing the bubble Zmold car sitting there in the sticks and then looking further behind it and seeing a bubble cabrio!  Amazing find..........


The owner did a bit of research on the cars and made a few phone calls and couldn't believe he had found 1 of 50 made bubble window cabrios with only 35 known to still exists.  This one made it 36!
The owner kept the cars for a few months and then decided to list the cabrio on Ebay.  This is when
I saw it listed and immediately jumped on it and was able to make a deal.   Once we made a deal the owner then informed me that if I purchased the cabrio car I would also have a chance to purchase the other car.    I said well what is the other car and what do you want for that one?   He said its another isetta bubble window but with the Zmold trim on it.   How much is that then?   $2000.   I said Ill take it!  (:    We then hit the road with a 16 foot trailer and drove 11 hours to Ohio to pick up the cars.
The 11 hours back home to Iowa was basically a Isetta parade with lots of people waving and thumbs up..  Every time we stopped to get gas people would just swarm to the trailer with every question imaginable.  What are those? Where did you find them ? ect. ect....






5 comments:

  1. Great pic!

    And great restoration work,
    we finish our isetta last month and we are enjoy driving it, you can see our videos in www.renault4cv.blogspot.com
    best

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an incredible find! I hope you continue to post progress on the cars here in the future. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! We will continue to post all the updates of these cars to this blog. The cabrio is under restoration as we speak..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics and information! I just hauled home a trailer that looked almost exactly like yours; one's a bubble window convertible, and the other's a sliding window coupe.
    I have a question; you talk about the z trim on the one car of yours. This convertible has that same z trim, does that make it a certain model?
    I also can't nfind any id plate or numbers anywhere, any idea where I can find them?
    I'm in Northern Illinois, not too far from Mason City, maybe I could check out your cars?
    Thanks for the great articles!
    photomike1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    I have a 1955 BMW isetta standard.
    I am looking for a parts that is z-moloding.
    Do you know how to get a molding type by Z.

    ReplyDelete